4696 Pecan Place Drive McKinney, Texas 75071 972-838-2677
General Management / Marketing / New Product Introduction / Operations / Project Management / International Business / Business & Organizational Development / Team Building / Consulting
A successful and dynamic leader with a broad-based management background and extensive experience in varied industries. Proven global expertise in business design, analyzing issues, resolving problems, leading change, and achieving results. Results-oriented and respected who can “get the job done”. Skills, experience, and orientation have helped companies reach difficult objectives. Leadership style is proactive, broad visionary and strongly committed resulting in an environment where people have the opportunity to be creative and successful.
Venture Catalysts, McKinney, Texas, 1999 - 2002
· For security encryption startup, established technical advisory board recruited a CEO and a VP of Strategic Marketing leading to a refinement of the business model and positioning as a presentation candidate at Venture Capital Forums.
· Assisted start-ups/new ventures in the development of business plans resulting in capital capture. Technological/Market areas included ticket exchange, decision support systems, reconfigurable computing, and wireless telemetry.
· Developed capital search and secure model as a tool for securing operating funds.
· Assisted consulting firms in the development of value growth models.
· Developed business design with alliance/partnership strategy orientation
· Developed solutions center model for facilitating new ventures.
Ericsson, Inc., Richardson, Texas, 1986 – 1999
· Team Leader for Corporate Venturing
· Represented company as stakeholder in technology incubator and aligned company’s partnerships, mergers and acquisitions objectives with potential candidates.
· Team Leader In Project For Achieving World Class Business Position
· Established a system for measuring World Class Business Objectives. Responsible for identifying and implementing process improvements, e.g. lead-time reduction, cost reduction, quality improvement, simplified supply centers, identification of High Level Sales Objects to meet “Solution Selling” objectives.
· Senior Manager, Systems Integration Release Planning Group – Network Solutions
· P&L responsibility for the market and strategic requirements for development releases of the American cellular standard based products. Primary customer interface to AT&T Wireless, Southwestern Bell, BellSouth Cellular and Cantel in new product identification, development and introduction phases.
· Senior Project Manager, Sales & Marketing Group, Customer Services Group
· Managed multi-million dollar development project with P&L responsibility leading to on time delivery of leading edge products, e.g. advanced intelligent network products.
· Advanced Intelligent Network Product Manager
· Developed pricing and strategy for intelligent network products, representative for company in inter-vendor inter-operability network specifications, and developed product marketing presentations.
· Account Marketing Manager,
· Successfully marketed the sale of advanced intelligent network products to Ameritech achieving additional millions of dollars in sales through personal efforts and effective customer relations.
· Manager, Materials Management & Industrialization
· Led a company wide industrialization project that identified the tools, methods, processes, and interfaces required for a telecommunications manufacturer to grow and be successful in the US market.
LM Ericsson, Stockholm, Sweden, 1988
· Marketing Manager, Ericsson’s international marketing training program
· Managed RFI/RFP response to a USWest central office switch urban modernization program leading to a successful sale of infrastructure equipment.
Carl Johnson Consulting Services, McKinney, Texas, 1985 – 1986
· As sole proprietor of management consulting services provided materials management expertise to cellular service and cable service providers in the areas of operational development and asset management.
Anixter Communications, Houston & Carrollton, Texas, 1979 – 1985
· Regional Operations Director
· P&L responsibility for sales and distribution activities for a 4-state region resulting in highest ranking in company for best operations.
The Santa Fe Trails Transportation Company, Houston, Texas, 1978 – 1979
· Traffic Manager
University of Houston, BS, Behavioral Sciences. Numerous independent and company-sponsored development courses in Leadership, Sales & Marketing, Financial Management, Project Management, Engineering, Value Migration, Corporate Venturing, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Capital Search and Secure and Strategic Alliances.
2708 Lakeside, McKinney, TX 75070